The Suisun Resource Conservation District (SRCD) is pleased to announce the release of the 2024 Suisun Marsh Preservation Agreement (SMPA) Preservation Agreement Implementation (PAI) Fund Cost Share Grant Programs. The PAI Program provides grant funding for activities needed to improve managed wetland facilities, operational efficiency, and water management capabilities. Instructions for each cost-share program specify which types of habitat improvements may be eligible for participation.
2024 PAI Program Updates (please read carefully!):
1. To apply, the unified fillable form must be submitted through your Water Manager (see attachment, the SRCD website, or email your Water Manager)
2. Applications will be accepted only twice a year: deadline for submittal is March 31, 2024 or June 30, 2024. Project technical reviews will be completed in mid April or mid July 2024.
3. Landowners must schedule a post-project inspection prior to initiation of fall flood-up with their Water Managers to certify project completion.
4. Landowners must submit a single itemized project cost summary along with all invoices or receipts marked paid by November 30, 2024.
5. Completed reimbursement packages will be forwarded to the Department of Water Resources (DWR) once a month.
6. Cost-share reimbursements will be sent to landowners as a check from Solano County only after SRCD has received funds from DWR. Landowners must be prepared to carry the balance of project costs until early in the new year.
Please click on the links below for more information and the fillable application: